Thursday, June 3, 2010

MY THREE BOYS

With tomorrow being Reece's last day here,I've slipped back to the past for memories of MY THREE BOYS ---In this picture is from left my oldest, Hershel age 15---Tony age 13 (long hair was in for teens)and David age 9 ----------yes two teenagers at once did keep me on my toes.(when I was sane enough to balance) Let me just say through thick and thin,oh how I loved them so. They are always mom's baby. I can not believe how fast the years have gone by,as my youngest will be 30 this year. If you are counting now,yes that makes me 5o something. I have a birthday coming up June 15Th. SO YOU CAN WRITE THAT DOWN NOW!

Being a mom was always some thing I loved,I took those kids every where with me,my oldest was the only child to ever stay over night with my mom or any one else-(Grandma Hagler)that was only one night and I was over night in the hospital,Hershel was about 15 months old as best I can remember. Turned out, I had a really bad bladder infection.

My oldest two's father was in an auto accident when they was close to 2 and 4 years old,which ended him in a nursing home up until only a few years ago,his mom takes care of him now,he has brain damage,he could not walk or feed him self for many years and even today,the boys have to tell him who they are but,he forgets after they leave,I think he may just agree when they are there,he does not remember any thing that happened before that accident,one can ask him how old his boys are and he will put his hand up about two ft. from the floor and say about this big.I have took my grand kids to visit him and his mom says he thinks they are my kids and he does not know who I am yet today.
Hershel Sr. was not expected to live over night, I was ask if they should pull the tubes that kept him alive,I said I can not do it,go ask his mom,well we hoped and prayed---and after a few months the Dr's did know he would never be close to the same,his mom told me after a few years later to go on with my life.

I was young and about 3 years later I met David's dad, I could not divorce-we lived together and along came David.
David's dad passed away when he was 14 years of age from Kidney failure due to being diabetic ----Harold was his name, he suffered the last 3-4 years of his life with open heard surgery- going blind to kidney failure.

So I was a single mom for many years about 11 I'd say and several of those years. I even worked two jobs at once for awhile,my teen age boys was on the loose and growing up with me gone to much,I had enough money saved to buy us a house out side city limits---and it still seems more like home there then any place I've ever been. David (my youngest) lives in it now,so we can all still go home. Hershel lives 10 miles from me and Tony and his wife along with my two beautiful grand daughters, live just on the other side of town,I love having my family close,and if they ever move very far away-well I'd have to grab a plan ticket and go spend a few days with them,so if you kids are reading this "that should scare you into not moving----Ha Ha Ha yea yea----I wish them only the best in what ever they do in life no matter where they are and I will aways be here if they ever want a hug from mom and that goes for my grand kids too. Most of all I wish them LOVE!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: