Sunday, May 5, 2013

Ready for less stress and more enjoying life

Well it is May 2013 already and it seems like we just started a new year, once again time is flying by, I am staying way to busy,my new years resolution was to STOP Working so much,slow down, enjoy hobbies and family more (yes in that order). Do I even know how or where to start to make this happen.
I have seen family more but it has been because there has been so much illness in my family.

 let me tell you a short version, not a lot of details, my sister Freda has been fighting for her life for three years now, she has beat a liver disease which almost killed her a year ago, Prayers answered, I was so afraid we was loosing her as only 15% of her liver was working, no liver surgery possible for it would kill her, she waited and waited 2 years to be put on a transplant list, (which her Doctors was 100% sure it would take) BUT God took care of that ,he healed her liver and even the doctors was amazed  as she was loosing the battle it seemed, her weight loss was several lbs.,well let me just say she was almost skin and bones, then came the fluid build up in her whole body, swelled head to toe,could not get in or out of bed alone, her eyes was sunk in and her skin was yellow colored, she was having to get her tummy drained every two weeks removing any where from 10 to 18 lbs. of poisoning fluid in her body from liver failure.

Don't think for one second God does not heal!
 This year she found out she had CANCER and has had two surgeries one to remove a lump in her throat that was cancer and another a month later to remove 40% of her tongue,
 due to cancer, cigarettes are not worth it folks! it took a 10 hour surgery to do skin grafts from her hip taking muscle to rebuild the back of her tongue,and grafts from her arm and leg,to rebuild the front of her tongue, 6 weeks of a feeding tube through her nose to tummy, not even a drop of water in her mouth, over 100 stitches---less then a week ago she got her feeding tube removed, praise the Lord, she has got to once again enjoy a cup of coffee, smash her food and slowly eat smashed food. I have held her in my arms and prayed for her and prayed with her, we have shed so many tears, but thank God, we are also sharing tears of joy. Her husband took her two weeks and before her cancer surgery and bought her a Brand New Car of her choice, I told her, "you close your eyes and see your self driving that car girl, you do this every night, God's will , you will be healed, he can do it". she drove her car in a week after her tongue surgery, feeding tube hanging out her nose and all! GOD BLESS HER- PRAISE THE LORD- PRAISE THE LORD.

NOW, while she was going through the 6 weeks with the feeding tube, my oldest brother Douglas had a heart attack and had two stints put in and will be undergoing more surgery (because he was back in the hospital in a week) he has a really weak heart his Dr. told him and will need a defibrillator put in. Did I mention he was told he had to stop working and would not be returning EVER! well he worked a job where the house was provided, so yes he had to find a place to move to and with-in a month, God once again took care of my family, Prayers was going up and God worked, this time through Peter Gavin, the man in charge of HUD, low rent houses and handicap apartments for the low income people. In two weeks Doug and his wife Pasty (Patsy is also handicapped) are in a really nice handicapped apartment in a beautiful little housing area 10 minutes away from me, they did live 45 minutes away from me.

NOW, I left out the part where the day Douglas got to go home, his wife Patsy was very sick, she had been alone full of worry and was not able to drive or able to go sit at the hospital with Doug as he had done with her so many times, and after 40 years they spent a couple of days not seeing each other for the first time, this alone was hard on both them. they both worried about the other, Doug worried more about Pat being sick and alone then he did himself being down.

SO, Doug gets home and Pat is in bad shape, she did not even know Doug, she rode to the hospital that very day in an ambulance and still does not remember it. Test was run for two days on her and it was her heart!,( I think Dr. said something about a close call for her) 2 1/2  years ago Pat had a stint put in her heart, now she would be getting a pace maker put in. she had it put in her third day in the hospital and went home two days later.

TODAYthey are both siting side by side in their neat little apartment and in a since starting over. a big adjustment for them and a new lifestyle, and Doug awaits his appointment date to be given to go back into surgery and I am praying for the last time with his heart problem, or any problem for that matter. I visited them today and took them some flowers, they was both happy and loved their new home, Doug looked so rested (Dr. orders no lifting over 5 lbs. no bending,no stair climbing, and so forth and so on, all those Dr. rules he will have to abide by until he is better. Pat her color was so good, she was feeling better then she has in a few years she said.

NOW WHERE WAS I---OH YES REST, FAMILY, HOBBIES, I hope to get to start enjoying life again my self, worry takes a lot out of a person and stress is not good, now my blood pressure seems to get a little high now and then, and I have flower beds that need cleaning out and I want to get some flowers planted, I have folks asking me to do their pictures, and these things I love and call hobbies, I do realize even hobbies take work, I must slow down or I will be in the hospital my self, I love taking care of the children but it is a job that keeps me on my toes for sure, but I never could set still long, so I've all ways thought it was a great job for me and filled with blessings.

 BUT, my husband and I could use a vacation. we both are hard workers and stay too busy. This year I want to go fishing , it has been many many years since I have went fishing, it is good for the soul, and use to be a hobby of my husbands before he got married, HA HA, but all hobbies have work involved, the key is to take our time and really enjoy our hobbies. I 'd like to see my husband also get back into enjoying a hobby and relaxing more. Life is to short not to take time to smell the roses as granny use to say or smell the coffee for that matter.

If you have not been enjoying life, whose to blame for that? Life is short no matter how long we are on this earth and today just might be our last, what would you like to be doing, think on it and then go out and do it.
Noto

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just now seen this email and went to it. Sorry it took so long.-Glenda